- Clean the Screen with a Microfiber Cloth
- Clean the Screen with a Cleaning Solution
1. Turn off the computer and remove the battery and power adapter. As you use a liquid to wash the screen in this manner, the device must be switched off and disconnected from the outlet.
2. Create a mild cleaning solution. The ideal solution is plain distilled water that does not contain any chemicals and is gentle on the screen. A 50/50 mix of white vinegar and distilled water can be also efficient if heavy cleaning is needed.
- Make sure you’re using plain white vinegar, not apple cider vinegar or any other kind of vinegar.
- Distilled water is better than tap water because it does not contain chemicals.
- Manufacturers don’t consider using alcohol ammonia or any strong solvents on LCD screens anymore.
3. Get a small atomizer bottle and put the solution in it. Similar to a perfume bottle, atomizer bottle s a type of spray bottle that releases a fine mist when you push from the top. Pour the solution into the spray bottle and tighten the cover. However, do not use this to spray on the screen.
4. Spray a minimal amount of the solution into the microfiber cloth. The best is a static-free, fiber-free cloth. Remember not to use regular cloth because the screen could be scratched. Do not soak the cloth; you just want it to be moist, which is the purpose of wetting it with the atomizer bottle.
- When cleaning the screen, a wet cloth can drip or run, and the solution can weep behind the bezel and damage your screen permanently.
- To make sure you don’t get it too wet, try applying the solution to just one corner of the cloth at a time.
5. Wipe the screen in a circular motion with the wet cloth. Typically fast circular motions remove streaks. Hold the cloth and wipe with a gentle and balanced pressure. To keep the cloth in contact with the screen, use only sufficient pressure. Be careful not to press your fingers into the cloth or screen, as applying too much force during screen cleaning can permanently damage the LCD matrix and make your screen unusable.
- Hold the screen firmly to stop re-smudging it as you work. You may need to go over the screen several times before removing all the smudges.
- You may also need to re-dampen the cloth while you’re working, depending on how many passes you need to make over the screen